SEASONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT RLN
STARTING DATE: June, 2013
At least through Labor Day, Sept 1, 2013; preferably through Columbus Day, Oct 13, 2013; some flexibility.
Buffet-style lunches and 4-course sit-down plated service dinners, Champagne Brunches buffet-style, Private Charter parties, Scenic excursions (no meal) and moonlight cruises with live entertainment… A large variety of cruises aboard a 24 x 60 turn-of-the-century steamboat replica, the WW Durant, in a booming tourist area. Meals, by reservation, are prepared in a commercial kitchen on the mainland and brought down to the ship using standard catering equipment. For buffet-style meals, food items are loaded into chafing dishes; for dinner cruises meals are plated and served from the galley. Maximum seating capacity of 64 in dining room for sit-down service, 56 for buffet-style, 100 for scenic excursions and moonlights.
MISSION STATEMENT of Raquette Lake Navigation Co., Inc.:
We are dedicated to the consistent and certain delivery of quality services as measured by increased customer and employee satisfaction.
LOCATION: Raquette Lake, NY (Central Adirondack Mountain region in upstate NY- 75 miles south of Lake Placid; 60 miles west of Lake George and the Northway; 75 miles northeast of Utica and the Thruway)
NO. OF EMPLOYEES IN COMPANY: 14-16 Seasonal Full-time and Part-time
Chef / Sous chef / Pot Washer-Prep Cook / Server / Bartender/ Cocktail-beverage server / Cleaner / Busser / Dishwashers
ROOM & BOARD: Available at a nominal fee
JOB DESCRIPTIONS: Positions involve duties typical of each title.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL EMPLOYEE:
1. Adherence to Raquette Lake Navigation's mission statement/values
2. Possession of the specific skills needed for job for which hired
3. High level of energy- ability to work hard over 10 weeks period of time
4. Self-starting; self-motivated; work ethic ingrained
5. Adaptability- able to maintain effective performance while working varying shifts and hours
6. Has a valid driver's license
7. Attention to detail
8. Has integrity; is honest and trustworthy
9. Responsible; dependable
10. Works for entire period of time committed to
11. Is a team player
12. Healthy physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR RAQUETTE LAKE NAVIGATION CO.:
1. Housing/meals provided at minimum cost
2. Thorough orientation/training program; on-going supervision
3. Good work experience- opportunity to make decisions; to practice organizing, planning, teamwork, and leadership skills; pride and satisfaction in being part of a quality operation
4. Non-smoking workplace
5. Flexible work schedules
6. Fun- beautiful resort area with swimming, boating, water skiing, fishing, camping, hiking in a state park bigger than the state of Vermont on a lake with 99 miles of shoreline, 80% of which is owned by the State of New York and constitutionally "forever wild."
7. Appreciation & recognition for a job well done- Dean and Donna Pohl, owner-managers of Raquette Lake Navigation Co. recognize customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction are inseparable.
8. Reciprocal visit agreement with several attractions in the Adirondack region and upstate New York, enabling employees to experience the attraction free of charge. (Value over $1000.00 if all completed.)
9. One dinner cruise as a guest of RLN to experience what we offer the public. Accompanying companion at 1/2 price.