Seasonal Employment Opportunities at Raquette Lake Navigation
STARTING DATE: June 2017
ENDING DATE: At least through Labor Day, Sept 4, 2017; preferably through Columbus Day, Oct 9, 2017; some flexibility.
Buffet-style lunches and 4-course sit-down plated dinners, Champagne Brunches buffet-style, Private Charters, Scenic excursions (no meal) and moonlight cruises with live entertainment. A large variety of cruises aboard a 24 x 60 turn-of-the-century steamboat replica, the WW Durant, in a booming tourist area. Meals, by reservation, are prepared in a commercial kitchen on the mainland and brought down to the ship using standard catering equipment. For buffet-style meals, food items are loaded into chafing dishes; for dinner cruises meals are plated and served from the galley. Maximum seating capacity of 64 in dining room for plated,served service, 56 for buffet-style, 100 for scenic excursions and moonlights.
MISSION STATEMENT of Raquette Lake Navigation Co., Inc.:
We are dedicated to the consistent and certain delivery of quality services as measured by increased customer and employee satisfaction.
Raquette Lake, NY (Central Adirondack Mountain region in upstate NY- 75 miles south of Lake Placid; 60 miles west of Lake George and the Northway; 75 miles northeast of Utica and the Thruway)
NO. OF EMPLOYEES IN COMPANY:
14-16 Seasonal Full-time and Part-time
Chef / Sous chef / Pot Washer-Prep Cook / Server / Bartender/ Cocktail-beverage server / Cleaner / Busser / Dishwashers
ROOM & BOARD: Available at a nominal fee
JOB DESCRIPTIONS: Positions involve duties typical of each title.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL EMPLOYEE:
- Adherence to Raquette Lake Navigation’s mission statement/values
- Possession of the specific skills needed for job for which hired
- High level of energy- ability to work hard over 10 weeks period of time
- Self-starting; self-motivated; work ethic ingrained
- Adaptability- able to maintain effective performance while working varying shifts and hours
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Attention to detail
- Has integrity; is honest and trustworthy
- Responsible; dependable
- Works for entire period of time committed to
- Is a team player
- Healthy physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR RAQUETTE LAKE NAVIGATION CO.:
- Housing/meals provided at minimum cost
- Thorough orientation/training program; on-going supervision
- Good work experience- opportunity to make decisions; to practice organizing, planning, teamwork, and leadership skills; pride and satisfaction in being part of a quality operation
- Non-smoking workplace
- Flexible work schedules
- Fun- beautiful resort area with swimming, boating, water skiing, fishing, camping, hiking
- Adirondack State park is the largest wilderness area in the contiguous 48 states.
- 99 miles of shoreline, 80% of which is owned by the State of New York and constitutionally “forever wild.”
- Appreciation & recognition for a job well done.
- Dean and Donna Pohl, owner-managers of Raquette Lake Navigation Co. recognize customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction are inseparable.
- Reciprocal visit agreement with several attractions in the Adirondack region and upstate New York
- RLN employee + 3 guests get to experience the attraction free of charge. (Value over $1000.00 if all completed.)
- One dinner cruise as a guest of RLN to experience what we offer the public. Accompanying companion at $20.
- 20% off purchases at End of the Line Caboose Gift Shop.