Dining on Raquette Lake
Let’s be honest. Dinner boats are not known for their food. People reserve a dinner cruise, not for the food, but for the scenery and the novelty.
Raquette Lake is not on the way to anywhere! It’s remote. It’s a drive. But guess what? We’ve got it all! We’ve got the scenery. We’ve got the history. And we’ve got the food. We’re passionate about the food we serve; it has to be so good you can’t wait to tell your friends and come back with them. We’ve done our job if we exceed your expectations. We’ve done our job if you return to dine again and again. We’ve done our job if you become a raving fan.
Dining aboard the Durant is an experience for the senses! Tantalize your taste buds and feast your eyes on our menu of mouth-watering delights, artfully presented. Complement the exquisite tastes with the exquisite views as we cruise on Raquette Lake. Chef Jim Pohl, a 2003 graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and his culinary staff create meals you will never forget.
Rachel rotates her wine selection periodically to keep it fresh and exciting and she’s always imagining and creating new specialty drinks.
The brother-sister pair make quite the team when it comes to planning and executing one of our wine or beer pairing dinners.
Rachel and her brother Jim
“Thank you for the best dinner and evening out we’ve had in quite some time. I must admit I expected an interesting cruise aboard an attractive ship, but never imagined the quality of food or service which you guys provide. What an addition to the area.”
“…we found the W.W. Durant to be absolutely spotless.We found the food to be perfectly prepared, delicious and served promptly and efficiently. Did we get our money’s worth? YES. Will we do it again? YES… Our best to such a fine family run business…”
“Your dinner cruise is second to none. From your beautiful spotless boat, to the extremely efficient crew and a dinner matching that which one would expect in a first-class restaurant, you folks provided one heck of an evening. Along with the perfection of your operation and service, we were treated to a beautiful summer evening on Raquette Lake.”
Things you need to know for a dinner & cruise experience aboard the WW Durant:
- Dining room is heated and enclosed so we sail no matter what the weather.
- You can buy your tickets online with a credit card.
- Or, call in your reservation. Credit card required to hold. Pay with credit card or cash upon boarding.
- One person can pay for all in the party or you can break up payment. If you want to pay for the cruise in advance, give the reservationist your credit card number and he/she will mark your reservation as paid.
- We are usually able to accommodate many dietary restrictions, such as allergies, GF and lactose intolerant, with advance notice.
- Reservation and menu choice required in advance, including how you want your prime rib cooked.
- 24-hour cancellation policy
- The wine selection does vary throughout the summer. Be sure to check the beverage menu for wines available with your meal.
- Dining room is wheelchair accessible (non-motorized). The heads or bathrooms are not. Please let us know in advance if someone uses a wheelchair or has other special seating needs and we’ll arrange the seating to best fit his/her needs.
- Sorry, we can’t accommodate requests for window seats. Seating is strictly on a first-come to board basis, not first to make a reservation.
- Need 20 reservations to sail on a meal cruise.
- Cheese platters are not available on dinner cruises in the fall.
Raquette Lake Navigation
224 Main Street, Raquette Lake, NY 13436